At CoachHub, honoring diversity and inclusion in the workplace is a key part of our DNA―which is why we are looking forward to celebrating Pride Month 2022! One of our core values is to always be “People First,” meaning we strive to empower everyone to be their most authentic selves―both in their personal and professional lives. To embody this commitment, our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Coaching solution provides a safe space for everyone to explore the issues and to strengthen empathy and understanding. As organizations are looking for ways to specifically offer support and development opportunities to LGBTQAI+ employees, as well as their allies, digital coaching is proving to be an invaluable resource.
Why does diversity and inclusion in the workplace matter?
Representation matters to the bottom line:
- 19% higher revenue for companies with more diverse management (Boston Consulting Group)
- 35% of ethnically diverse teams outperform non-diverse teams and collaborate with more sensitivity toward each other (MIT)
- 167% increase in employee net promoter score (NPS), for organizations who create a sense of belonging (Harvard Business Review, 2019)
- $9 billion could be saved in the US economy annually if organizations were more effective at implementing diversity and inclusion policies for LGBT staff (OutNow, 2020)
Being LGBTQAI+ in the Workplace:
- 0.5% (26 of the 5,670) board seats in the Fortune 500 are held by openly LGBTQ+ directors (Out Leadership, 2022)
- 22% of LGBTQ Americans have not been paid or promoted at the same rate as their peers (Druthers Research, 2020)
- 31% of LGBTQ+ workers report feeling unhappy or depressed at work (Human Rights Campaign.)
40.7% of LGBT employees are covering at their current jobs so that they can avoid harassment or discrimination. Transgender employees are more likely to cover (57.7%) compared to cisgender LGB workers. (The Williams Institute at University of California, 2021)
How can digital coaching support diversity and inclusion in the workplace?
Through the democratization of coaching, CoachHub helps partner organizations to realize their DEI goals in an actionable and sustainable way by offering support and resources to employees at all levels of the organization. Specifically, when it comes to meeting the needs and expectations of LGBTQAI+ employees, coaching conversations can be designed to address topics such as gender-identity, representation, communication, and sensitivity.
Through our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion coaching solution, we help foster a culture of acceptance and respect at your organization. Coaches empower employees at all levels to address complex issues and experience positive personal development. The lasting impacts of coaching also include increases in awareness, self-efficacy, and openness.
Support and celebrate diversity during Pride Month 2022
Showing authentic support for employees should extend beyond an annual celebration month. Digital coaching is a long term solution that offers the LGBTQAI+ community a safe space to talk about and work through their personal and professional development goals. In particular, coaching can be a productive catalyst for addressing topics such as:
- Showing up authentically at work
- Conflict resolution strategies
- Work-life boundary setting
- Engagement and belongingness
- Leadership development and career planning
- Resilience and optimism
- And so much more…
Digital coaching also helps the company as a whole become more tolerant and inclusive so that everyone can find a seat at the table, a voice in the conversation, and a true sense of belonging.
Learn more from our eBook, The Value of DE&I & Why Digital Coaching Helps.
Request a demo of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Coaching.